Please send with all supporting documentation to:
The Merchants House of Glasgow
Scottish Charity Number SC008900
7 West George Street
Telephone: 0141 221 8272
Fax: 0141 226 2275
Or you can email::firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must be charities registered in Scotland and should complete the attached form and submit it with their latest audited accounts and any supporting documentation to the above address.
Or you can complete the form below
GUIDELINES FOR THE AWARDING OF GRANTS
“The House will normally consider, favourably, applications for grants from the central administrative body of (but not from individual units of) and in the following order of preference:-
- Organisations providing care and assistance to groups of or concerned with disabled, elderly or terminally ill, and the socially deprived;
- Organisations providing for the care, advancement and rehabilitation of youth;
- Universities, Colleges of Further Education and Schools;
- Organisations connected with the Arts – Music, Theatre and the visual arts;
- Such organisations of which the Dean of Guild is an honorary President or vice-President or other honorary office-bearer, or on which the Merchants House is officially represented.
Note:- All applications must be accompanied by details of the Charitable status of the applicant, a copy of the last financial statement of the affairs of the applicant organisations, and particulars of the activities thereof:
The House will not, except in exceptional circumstances, make grants to:-
- Charities which have their principal sphere of operation outwith the Glasgow and West of Scotland area;
- Charities, the objects of which are identical to those of the House (i.e. the award of pensions and/or precepts to individuals)
- Charities to which a grant has been made by the House in the two years preceding any application;
- Churches other than Glasgow Cathedral.
The Directors of the Merchants House reserve the right to decline any application for assistance without specifying any reason.”