Yes, there are no restrictions on what you can apply for.
The grants committee meets in February, April, August and November. When you make an application we will respond with an indication as to when a decision will be made.
Grants range from £500 to £10,000. See our list of previous awards for details of successful applications here.
Merchants House will only consider applications from Charities who provide services in the areas detailed in the map provided on the banner.
We are able to consider applications for grants from the central administrative body of (but not from individual units of) and in the following order of preference:-
- A Charity registered with OSCR- (Office Of Scottish Charity Regulator)
- Organisations providing care and assistance to groups of or concerned with disabled, elderly or terminally ill, and the socially deprived
- Organisations providing for the care, advancement and rehabilitation of youth
- Universities, Colleges of Further Education and Schools
- Organisations connected with the Arts – Music, Theatre and the visual arts
- Such organisations of which the Dean of Guild is an honorary President or vice-President or other honorary office-bearer, or on which the Merchants House is officially represented
Unfortunately due to the high number of applications we cannot provide feedback.
You must wait 12 months from the date of the email confirming our decision before reapplying.
You will not be able to submit your completed online application form until you have attached a signed copy of your organisation’s most recent independently examined or audited Accounts and your organisations most recent bank statement-please ensure the account name, account number and sort code are clearly stated.