Lord Dean’s Video Series
Lord Dean of Guild Alasdair Ronald presents a series of very short videos sharing the stories of wealthy individuals who left their fortunes to The Merchants House, enabling the charity to support the most vulnerable in Glasgow and the West of Scotland.
Situated on George Square, directly opposite Queen Street Station, thousands of people pass the doors of The Merchants House of Glasgow every week. Within this grand building we host award ceremonies, conferences, weddings, and civic receptions. Local and international guests enjoy guided tours and learn about the architecture and the charitable causes that the House supports. In 2020 opportunities to welcome visitors in person have been limited due to Covid19, but interest in the heritage of The House and the charities we support remains high.
With that in mind we decided to create a series of insightful videos detailing the donations and stories of the benefactors whose names adorn the boards which hang on the walls of the Grand Hall and throughout our stunning venue.
If you wish to see the full series you can reach them on YouTube or click on the individual links below
1. John Aird – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKapdXsfxt4&feature=youtu.be
2. George Craig – https://youtu.be/Ggwvx_3eK2c
3. Zacharias Gebbes – https://youtu.be/h1SQWw2xDsU
4. Inverclyde Bequest – https://youtu.be/NT2_Geb4XEY
5. Morgan Mortification Board – https://youtu.be/vXkXrpmbgLk
6. Underwood Trust – https://youtu.be/ZyLo26DYT4o